Monday, September 1, 2008

Novels worth of memories we've made

It was seven years ago tonight that Bill and I stood before our family and friends and committed our lives together. Since that day, we have been on a non-stop roller-coaster, with lots of ups and lots of downs. But isn’t that what life is about? After all, it’s about the journey that we are on as a couple and the family that we have made together. If that is not true, then I better change my Blog’s title! And it’s about the commitment we made to stay on this journey together. It would be nearly impossible to sum up our adventures in one short paragraph, and what I could say would not do justice for the memories that we each have stored.

I was explaining to Katelyn why today was special in Mommy and Daddy’s life. She is familiar with the concept of weddings, after all, Cinderella gets married and everyone lives like Cinderella, don’t they? Ok, maybe not. But they, Katelyn and Vanessa, were in my sister’s wedding a few months back and when Laura told Katelyn that she was getting married, Katelyn’s first response was, “Like Cinderella!” I told Katelyn that I would show her our wedding pictures. That didn’t happen today as we were busy re-caulking the shower, switching out our homes’ door hardware, catching up on loads of laundry, attending a reenactment of the circus (the girls pretended to be in the circus and put on a show for Bill and I, complete with risky trapeze moves off of the swing in the family room and several somersaults), playing with the boys on the block, and taking a much-needed nap for all. Nice romantic day. We were married before the era of digital photography and its commonplace at weddings, or in everyday life for that matter. Instead of my wedding pictures sitting inside my computer, they sit inside of an album in my china cabinet. I cannot even post them for you to see, as I would have to scan them first, which I will probably do someday, but just haven’t gotten around to it. Just picture us seven years younger, filled with the excitement of life, a few pounds thinner, a few less wrinkles, and without the sleep-deprived bags under our eyes.

No comments:

Post a Comment