Dear Fashion Designers,
I'm trying to stay on top of my ever-fast-growing children making sure that they are fully clothes in appropriate-sized outfits. Since they are constantly growing, I feel like I am always having to purchase new clothes. Furthermore, our seasons have changed, once again, and now I need to start to prepare for Summer, which means new shorts and shirts, skirts and dresses to buy. I appreciate a well-made item, especially one that is from a good piece of material that I know will handled even the toughest days outside in the dirt and handle the many washings it will have to go through.
However, here is where my struggle begins. I do not want to pay an arm-and-a-leg for ONE piece of clothing. But if I don't, I get shotty quality and material, not to mention inappropriate items. So I'm asking for good-quality, age-appropriate clothing. Demanding, I know. But really, is it too much to ask?
My child is 6 years old and therefore, should dress like a 6 year old. She is not 16 and in High School. She is in KINDERGARTEN. Therefore, I expect her to dress and look like one. She should not be wearing a barely-there swim suit or a t-shirt that says "I'm Hot" or have a need to be covered from head-to-toe in bling. Don't get me wrong, bling is nice, but there is an appropriate age and place for it. But she does not need to be wearing a mini or short-shorts or a tube-top. Please, I wouldn't even wear these things, why would you think I would let my daughter wear them! Where are they bright colors and cute designs? Where are the rainbows and hearts? What about dots or plaids or stripes? Why does everything have to have that already-wore-and-washed-a-million-times look or have a fringed hem?
I know I ask a lot, but I cannot believe that I am the only mom out there who feels like this. Look to higher-end lines for some ideas. Hannah Andersson, Boden or Gymboree are perfect examples...adorable age-appropriate fun outfits, full of color and fun patters and designs. Yes, I could shop these stores exclusively and I am starting to head that way, but replacing a child's wardrobe every few months gets costly. I'm sure there will be a time and a place for what you are producing for young children, but not now. Give them a few years and let them be kids. What's the rush to make them grow up so fast?
Sincerely,
A fashion-conscious and, apparently, conservative, Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment