My early riser baby bird decided that yesterday her alarm clock went off around 5 AM and so too must mine. Often she'll wake up before the others, and I'm not even sure how she functions on such little sleep she gets overall - naps are short and quality is hit-or-miss, but then again, she is the third and is thriving just fine. On these early mornings, she and I will play in her room having some quality Mommy-Daughter time. To me, it is pretty special that I get a few undivided minutes to be alone with her in a quiet peaceful space. After playing for awhile, Paige decided that it was time to take a little nap.
Since the other girls were still sleeping, I decided to use those few precious minutes to take a quick shower and get ready for the day. I'm in my bathroom when I hear the water running in the other bathroom in the house. I figured that one of the girls was up and we'd all be starting our day shortly. Then Katelyn walks into my room...completely dressed - jumper, socks AND shoes - and informs me that she'd also brushed her teeth, did her hair, made her bed and opened her blinds. SERIOUSLY? Without asking a million times, bribing, or yelling? What happened to my little girl who makes each school morning oh so much fun? And how did you get her to make her bed without asking? Tell me, oh please tell me! Because on Monday morning as she complained about what I made for breakfast, again, or how when I did her hair not to her liking I'm sure the neighbors heard her loud and clear too. This morning Katelyn surprised me again with a beautifully made bed followed by the unsurprising "why do we have to have that for breakfast" comments again.
Now only if this little alien could work some magic on the sassy six-year attitude we have going on...
No comments:
Post a Comment