Saturday, April 7, 2012

Under the weather

This is the beautiful collection of drugs that currently live on my kitchen counter. Yes, I have been a drug-giving Mommy, something that I usually don't do. We are sick. Or as Bill keeps telling me, it's a mental game and that we need to tell ourselves that we were sick and are getting better...but that comes easy from the ONLY person in the household who has not been hit with something. This has not been a fun week, to put it nicely. I'm hoping that with tomorrow, being Sunday and the beginning of the next week, that we'll be on the mend.

The flu knocked me out for a few days and now leaves me with a throat so raw and sore, and little energy to move from the couch. Bronchitis took over Katelyn's chest, Vanessa is fighting a good strong cold and an ear infection, and Paige has been battling a sinus infection. Apparently, we all have weak spots in our bodies and each of us got attacked in those spots.

Today we ventured outside for the first time in days, taking a little stroll outside. The girls had a good time in the sun and enjoyed taking in the fresh air. I'm hoping that tomorrow, being Easter, brings wellness and energy to my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment