Monday, April 23, 2012

Please hit the “restart” button

I know we all have our days; those days where the universe is just out to get you, where everything seems to be going wrong, where life is just miserable, where nothing is going to plan, where you just need to go back to bed and restart the day over.

Today was Paige’s day.
And therefore, it was a joyous day for me.  One filled with lots of tears, screaming, and “NO’s!”  They probably could have been my tears for having to deal with her all day, but I let her own them for 12 out of the 13 hours she was awake today.   It was the kind of day where she would be walking along and just trip over her own feet because, well, they're her feet and under her.  For her, nothing was going right in her world today – from the moment she opened her eyes and stood in the hallway and yelled at her sisters every time they glanced her way, to the moment just before she fell asleep, as she was restless in bed and kept telling me that she didn’t want to sleep.  I was finally able to convince her to “take a nap” and that I would wake her up in ten minutes. 

OK, I lied.  Guilty. 
But I could plead self-defense as so many people always tell a new mother to never wake a sleeping baby.   In this case, lie and never wake the toddler who just had a day from down under. 

No comments:

Post a Comment