Monday, February 8, 2010

Did she take up boxing without us knowing it?

Katelyn came home from school on Friday with the outside area of her eye swollen. Perhaps she had got bitten by a bug or maybe it was the beginning of Pink-Eye. We watched it all weekend continue to swell, but no discharge or extreme pain (as a spider bite often causes). I took her into the urgent care yesterday, which thankfully we were not in need of "urgent care", because this urgent care facility isn't really an urgent care facility at all. They take patients by appointment only, or if you happen to walk in, as a family in the waiting room sitting next to us, you could be waiting hours - as in at least 3 hours like this family (who finally gave up waiting and walked out). While hanging out in the lobby for our "urgent care" appointment, the receptionist was telling a caller that the next appointment was at 7PM that night - as in 7 hours from now. There has always been the thought that if you don't have to go to the ER, then don't...go to an urgent care location to get quicker or easier care. Um, I think going to the ER might actually be faster.

Anyways, since her eye was almost swollen shut when she awoke in the morning and who knows what kind of condition it would be in if I waited until today to take her to see her doctor, we headed in to have it checked out. It is a blah-blah-blah caused by a blah-blah-blah. Got it? Ya, me too. In English, it is a symptom of a sinus infection. In children now-a-days, it is very uncommon to see eye swelling and discoloration to the area, but that's what it is. Being that there are no other symptoms that Katelyn has, I would have never in a million years guessed that is what's going on. She had a cold almost three weeks ago and I thought was free from it, but I guess not. It is a very odd place for this germ bug to hang out, but with medication, it will be gone in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment