There had been a disgusting smell in one part of our home over the last few days. I figured that our pipes had finally bit the dust and we were leaking under the house...yes, it smelt that bad. It wouldn't have surprised me if it was indeed our pipes, as our plumbing stinks. No exaggeration, is just sucks. No actually, that's the thing it doesn't do. It is just worthless. One flush never works effectively, so always requires two. Anything more than one sheet of toilet paper clogs it up, and so you can only imagine how #2 does going down. And with kids, one sheet is nearly impossible, especially when they are learning to wipe completely themselves. Needless to say, we've made friends with our plunger. I tell you, I know how to use that baby like the pros.
I kept asking Bill to go under the house and see what was going on, but it wasn't really a priority to him. At one point today, I had the windows and door open, yet since it was raining and cold, had to keep the heater going so that we wouldn't freeze. Good way to spend money, I know. I think he finally got the hint and made the trip down under. No joke, he was under there for almost TWO HOURS! All the while, he was talking to himself about how bad this was or that was, or moaning about trying to fit through a small tight spot - after all, in one part of our home, the crawlspace is maybe a foot so scooting on your belly is the only way around.
What did he find, you are wondering?
Oh goodies, let me tell you!
Lovely, beautiful, friendly little critters who had decided to make our home's crawlspace their home (puts a new spin on "mi casa, es su casa" doesn't it now!) and now their graveyard. The bag that was brought up was HUGE...filled with not just one dead rat, but 15! FIFTEEN! That's a one AND a five next to each other! That's way more than 1 and almost touching the number 20! That's not just a family of critters, but an entire village, including the neighbors.
GGGGRRRROOOOSSSSSSSS!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment