Thursday, November 1, 2007

Baby Fish Update

They are 4 days old now and thriving well in their home. They all have survived, in fact every time we count now, we get 24 babies. They don't sit still for long, so it is possible that we missed one the first time we counted or we just keep double-counting one. Either way, there are A LOT of them!

We have to mince their food, as they cannot eat normal size fish food flakes. However, even smashing food in a bowl with the end of a wooden spoon still produces flakes that are too big for them to eat. The size of a grain of salt is too big. I am work on trying to get a fine powder-like size, but that is a lot harder than you think.

I have tried several times to get a good picture of them, but it seems almost impossible. Here are two attempts, in which you can see little blur spots, which are the baby fish. I think there are 10 babies in the above picture.