Recently, the girls were making a birthday card for a friend. I was attaching the cards to the gift when I came across a cute happy face and told Katelyn how wonderful it looked. She informed me that the drawing was Vanessa's, not hers. Seriously? Just a few weeks ago, Vanessa started coming home from school with simple happy faces - a circle with two dot eyes, a dot nose and a straight line for a mouth. I thought that was truly impressive as she had never drawn anything before that I could actually identify. And then here she comes home from school one day with a happy face and I am speechless.
But notice anything on the drawing above? Yes, it has arms! I have no idea when she learned how to draw happy faces or that they have arms. I am very impressed by her latest drawing developments. It truly is the little things that amaze me.
No comments:
Post a Comment