Our dancers had their dance recital this past Sunday and they performed their little hearts out! It takes such inner strength to stand up on stage in front of a thousand strangers, complete with the lights, props, costumes, hair and make-up. They have practiced every week and were very excited for this day. I know that at certain points throughout the year, when I am very tired driving them all over the place for their activities, I always wonder if it is worth it...if they are really getting anything out of it, what benefit will come from the weekly class, will they have any fun with it? Looking at these pictures, I don't know how I ever thought about not driving them or supporting them in their activities. Participating in a dance class, or any activity, is a part of their journey and will shape them into the ladies they are becoming. I am so proud of them and what they have accomplished!
Katelyn took a beginner hip-hop class, but it turned out to be a more advanced class than what we were expecting. We were hoping that she would get some basic movements down, learn the beat and rhythm of the music. Her teacher was very advanced and Katelyn would often get frustrated at the speed at which her teacher would move, especially considering most of these kids were beginners. But she stuck it out, stayed in the class and smiled throughout the show. I am so proud that she believed in herself and knew she could do it. The recital's theme was Monopoly and Katelyn's dance was "Money".
Vanessa took a hip-hop acro class. She loved it, as it combines her two favorite activities - dancing and gymnastics, but she was actually too advanced for it. She needed something a bit more challenging, which is part of the reason why we'll be switching studios this Fall. Her dance was "B&O Railroad".
No comments:
Post a Comment