For the last several years, we've made the trip into the mountains for our annual Christmas tree hunt. We love to cut down our own tree - it is just so fresh and the pine scent lasts for what seems forever. We have one tree farm that we've been very pleased with, so we seem to always end up there. We make this a fun day, complete with a picnic lunch, hot cocoa, and lot and lots of searching for the "perfect" tree (but of course there is no such thing as perfect, but something close). I always have my camera with us and this year I thought it would be great to capture the moment for our annual family picture - perhaps getting a fabulous picture to use in our holiday cards. I'm not really sure exactly what I was thinking, perhaps I had had a good night's sleep or maybe just a crazy "mom" moments. We had the camera, the tri-pod, the coordinated outfits, the girls organized and the dog. Oh, and the sun shinning so bright no matter where we were, along with the CRAZIEST wind blowing straight at us. We took at least a dozen pictures and couldn't get a single one where we all looked "normal". So what started out as getting a fabulous photo actually turned into a comic event (of course we didn't laugh at the time) of capturing the moment... 
No comments:
Post a Comment