Over the last several weeks, I have gone on my own self-induced version of bed-rest. I would rather do this voluntarily, than to have my doctor order me on bed-rest or prescribe medication or worse, have this baby come early. I delivered both of my girls at term, so have no reason to worry that this baby would be early. I experienced a ton of Braxton Hicks with both of the other pregnancies, but nothing to worry me. This time however, besides the Braxton Hicks that I am having so much earlier that the other pregnancies, I am having full contractions. Their frequency is not predictable, which right now is a good thing. This past Saturday was the most constant and frequent episode of contractions that I have experienced so far. In the middle of dinner, contractions started coming every 15 minutes for about an hour and a half. It was enough for me to excuse myself from the table and lay down. Luckily, they did stop. In addition, I am doing everything possible to reduce any added stress in my life and limit my extra activities. This of course is all said remembering that I still am a parent to two young children who need constant looking after.
We have always been an advocate for online shopping, thereby saving our time and reducing our stress, and especially now as I try to limit my trips to the store. One item (or several, depending on how you look at it) that I always struggle with to find online was quality fruits and vegetables. Our local Safeway delivers and their produce is alright, as long as you are not looking for organic, extremely fresh quality. And Whole Foods does not deliver, total bummer. However recently, I have found an answer to my long quest for organic quality produce delivery… Planet Organics. And now as I lay on the couch, I can make sure my family is still eating healthy quality produce.
Planet Organics, www.planetorganics.com , is a local, family owned company that will deliver high quality organic fruits and vegetables, along with some basic grocery items, meats and dairies. They do not charge a delivery fee and they seem to be priced along the lines with your local grocery store organics. The majority of the time, all of the produce comes from local farms rather than being imported from other countries. This means that all of the produce is picked and delivered ripe and ready to eat.
I have been completely satisfied with the deliveries I have received so far. I place my order by midnight on Tuesday and a box shows up on Thursday morning. I customize my order, but if you are looking for simplicity, you can order standard boxes that they fill. And the best part is that you do not have to be home for the delivery. Since any perishables are packed with ice, they can leave your box at your door or on your kitchen table. And if you really want them too, they can put the food in your refrigerator for you!
If you do place an order with them, let them know I referred you. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.
No comments:
Post a Comment