I had a doctor’s appointment this past Monday, something that seems to be a weekly outing now. Since I have been so sick with this pregnancy, my doctor has been monitoring me more closely than normal, resulting in a doctor’s appointment every two weeks. However good news came in on Monday…I gained a pound and I don’t have to go back in for another four weeks. Even though I feel as if I have gained 10 pounds by now and have a small baby bump to show, the scale doesn’t agree. I am hoping that my nausea will continue to subside, as it has been over the recent weeks. Instead of it being a daily occurrence, actually more like several times per day, I may only get sick a few times per week. To me, this is a huge improvement, but then again I am 16 weeks and it’s about time, if you ask me. With Katelyn, I felt more nauseous than I actually physically got ill. But with Vanessa, I was horribly sick until around 17 or 18 weeks. So, I guess this baby is trying to keep up with his/her older sister…maybe it is trying to prove something already!
However, as my nausea seems to decrease, my headaches increase. And I don’t get just “normal” headaches, I get migraines. And then the “day after a migraine” headache too. It is just no fun, that is for sure. I was talking with my doctor about my headaches and she advised me to try to limit my stress, take naps, put my feet up and get massages. Umm, is she serious? I have an active two and four year old to run after. Maybe if I had a full-time nanny, all that would be possible. But I don’t. For some reason, I haven’t won the lottery yet. I wonder why? Oh ya, I would have to play it first. And she knows what my husband does for a living, so my response is more along the lines of a bigger “when pigs fly” I’ll be able to do those things. Bill is wonderful with the girls and will take them when he can, but that’s just it…he cannot take them on an airplane with him, no matter how much they would love to be with Daddy 24/7.
So my solution? To live life during the days and then to turn into bed shortly after the girls are asleep. I don’t think I can remember the last time I routinely went to bed between 8:00 PM and 9:00 PM. And no, my house is not picked up. Nor are the dishes done. Nor the laundry. Nor is the trashed emptied. Nor am I caught up on my e-mail. Nor are the piles of mail sorted. But whatever, it will all be there tomorrow and the day after and the day after.
No comments:
Post a Comment