My dear friend Jen delivered a healthy baby boy this morning. Baby Grant joins big brother Jordan, who is Katelyn’s oldest friend and one of her closest. I am very excited for them and the joy that having a newborn brings. They have so much to look forward to: the 12+ diapers a day they get to change, the every-three-hour feedings, the crying-for-some-unknown-reason-even-though-you’re-feed/changed/warm, the backaches from carrying the baby in his car seat everywhere, the re-baby-proofing that they’ll have to do at home…oh, an endless list! But the most precious thing that they have to look forward to is the unconditional love they have to give and will get back in return. And the first smile. And the warm snuggles. And the pure happiness that only a baby can bring. I haven’t met Grant yet – hopefully tomorrow! – so don’t have any pictures to share. But soon, as I cannot wait to meet this new little guy.
Welcome little one!