Thursday, March 13, 2008
To see the world through a 4 year old's eyes is pretty special
Even though we enjoy spending time together as a family, we realize the value and importance of spending one-on-one time with each child. In the past, Bill and I divide up - one parent and one child – and we will spend special time together. Usually, it involves going to lunch, playing at the park, maybe doing a little fun shopping…just spending time together having fun, and not stressing over projects that need to get done or doing laundry or running errands. When Disney on Ice: Princess Wishes came to our area, I knew this was going to be the perfect date-night for both Bill and I to take Katelyn out. And it ended up being a very special night, with lots of love and smiles. It actually all started the day before when I took Katelyn to a story reading, where she was able to meet Cinderella. Katelyn was awe-struck. She has never been at a loss for words, so I knew she was nervous about the big meeting.
Then the next day, she came home from school and found a special box on her bed. Inside was a new pair of shoes. But not just any shoes. Princess shoes. But not just any princess shoes. Princess shoes that light up. The she opened an envelope and found the tickets to the show. We got dressed up and went to one of her favorite restaurants for dinner. And then on to the show. It was a wonderful night, where dreams, and special memories, came true.


